Tuesday 7 March 2017

Making fabric

This is taken from a demo by Victoria Findlay Wolfe http://vfwquilts.com/.  I saw it a couple of years ago and used it but this time I used much smaller pieces of leftover fabric.  I really like how it makes the 'made' fabric stand out.  In some cases I reused the pieces I cut from the 'made' fabric in another block.  Tiny pieces but quite easy to work with.  I have a previous post called an Orphan Block where I used larger pieces.

Copied Angela Walters http://www.quiltingismytherapy.com/ hint of taking pictures of what you have quilted to copy again within the quilt or the border.  Watching Angela is like a safety blanket.  She admits to errors and how she deals with them;  with aplomb.   In this case you can see I started before the corner of the diamond and marked the mistake with a pin to remove the wrong stitches after it was off the frame.  The room where I took the pictures was quite bright; sun which we have wanted so badly.  It has been a grey winter in more ways than one.  Oh to see my garden looking all green and pink like this table runner.



No comments:

Post a Comment